Phare des Baleines
The Phare des Baleines is located at the western tip of Ile de Ré, in the commune of Saint Clément des Baleines. The lighthouse owes its name to the fact that a relatively large number of whales have washed up at this place on Île de Ré in the past. It succeeds the old lighthouse built by Vauban.
The old lighthouse of the Whales was classified as a historic monument by decree of 22 June 1904. The buildings of the whale lighthouse and its park with the surrounding wall have been classified as historic monuments by decree of 23 October 2012.
Photo @Destination Île de Ré